M. Poluta & A. Badnjevic
Elliot Sloane (USA)
Saide Calil (Brazil)
Ricardo Silva (Venezuela/USA)
Shauna Mullally & Anthony Chan (Canada)
Abdul Basit (UK)
Rossana Rivas (Peru)
Mario Secca (Portugal/Mozambique)
Ashenafi Hussein (Chair, IFMBE Working Group on African Activities-WGAA 7 countries, including Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa, Burundi, and Benin)
- Tobey Clark (USA)
Increase global CE-HTM recognition within the profession … with measurable internal impact.
- Education: (1) identify global programs on website in 2019; (2) Consider how to enhance the delivery of various global programs;
- Training: (1) Develop the e-Learning platform with resources from various sources; (2) provide distance-learning Specialty Webinars in 2019, partnered with the Innovation Project team, eg, (a) Track 1: Healthcare Transformation and eHealth (CE-IT) regarding Medical Device Interoperability, Integration with EHRs, telehealth, eHealth (and backed by global resource document repositories overseen in two LMIC locations) and (b) Track 2: Management and CE Success Story (SS) focused – initially to demonstrate a pilot country Ministry of Health (MOH) presentation for using a relevant subset of the 2018 published 400 CE SS from 125 countries to address identified Health Technology gaps in a country. Monthly webinars to begin in June 2019.
- Gathered Training resources from CED participation in the WHO 4GFMD (December 2018) as well as 2018-2019 CE-HTM related Congresses & Events (eg, Prague June 2018, Bari September 2018, China October 2018, etc.) to date to be placed on the e-Learning platform in 2nd quarter 2019.
- Tobey Clark for his University of Vermont (UVM) WHO HTM Collaborating Center (CC) and PAHO provided HTM training for the 15 Caribbean countries in March 2019
- Paolo Lago led HTM training for the Pavia, Italy WHO HTM Collaborating Center for Cameroon in June 2019 that is also serving young CEs in Italy.
- Tobey and Rossana Rivas for the UVM WHO CC provided HTM training for Argentine CEs in Buenos Aires in June 2019
- AAMI Global Track, June 2019 in USA, led by Tom Judd & Yadin David; over 30 presentations/videos to be loaded on e-learning platform; there were 20 CED Board and Collaborator presenters representing 15 countries