- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
CED collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, country, profession)
- Contact information (email, phone number)
- Inquiry information (type, message)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide CED with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
CED may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Events where there is a registration form.
- Information provided by affiliated societies or partners
How will we use your data?
CED collects your data so that we can:
- Provide valuable content suited for your profile via email.
- Respond to your requests.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Communicate information about events and services we think you might want.
If you agree, CED might share your data with our affiliated societies and/or partners so that they may offer you content, information about services, and events that might be of interest to you and your organization.
How do we store your data?
CED securely stores your data in digital means managed by board authorized personnel, who may use online tools such as Mailchimp to provide valuable information to your email.
CED would like to send you information about events, and services related to your profile. If you have agreed to receive promotion information, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop CED from contacting you for promotion information purposes or giving your data to other members of the IFMBE.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
CED would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request CED for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that CED correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CED to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that CED erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that CED restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to CED’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that CED transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - CED uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Promotion Information - CED uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. CED sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for promotion information purposes.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Or write to us at: 111 Hermann Drive, Suite 12B Houston, Texas, USA 770004.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that CED has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
Or write to us at: 111 Hermann Drive, Suite 12B Houston, Texas, USA 770004